There is great enthusiasm among Primary students to compete in mathematics competitions. This is an extremely good sign for the progress of mathematics education. However, most mathematics competitions seem to be testing students’ knowledge beyond the school syllabus and exposing what the students cannot do while a mathematics competition should actually be a platform to reveal what students can do!
ISMC aims to encourage the young students to compete at the international level. It also helps to identify best talents among students. Its syllabus is mainly common with the Singapore Maths (Primary) syllabus. Thus, students can take part in ISMC
without advanced beyond-the-grade-level knowledge and marathon of special training trying to learn in hours all topics which are new and unfamiliar to them.
Objectives for organising the International Singapore Maths Competition:
- To create excitement and enthusiasm in Mathematics among Primary school students through a competition that is of a high standard.
- To provide deserving students with a prestigious achievement record for their portfolio.
- To introduce to the educational arena a mathematical competition that allows students to use calculator, in keeping with the current educational trend, for Primary 5 and Primary 6.
- To release enrichment Mathematics resources to the Primary schools which they could use to engage particular pupils or the student body at large.
Any Students of Grades 2 to 6 (as per academic year 2022-23)
Online from home on webcam for remote proctoring.
17th or 18th June 2023 (You can appear on any of the days).
Registrations are Open Now for ISMC which is a single round global competition for primary students. Online Registrations Only.
Last Date of Registration: June 4, 2023.
Fees: INR 1300 per participant (student).
Fees include: Access to some past papers and answer keys as downloadable soft copies.
Online exam login credentials, schedule and exam instructions will be provided by email after registrations close one week before the exam.
You may also join our Online Training available if you are from Grade 1 to 8 (Explore our training page).
Registration through G.O.A. is open only for students in India or Indian students with a valid Indian address.
How to Prepare for the Olympiad
- You will receive some past papers access with answer keys on registration for many Olympiads. This will be assigned as a course to you under the “My Courses” section of this website when you login to you account.
- You may also join our Online Training available if you are from Grade 1 to 8 (Explore our training page).
- You may explore our e-books section also.
- You may also explore the other competitions and their sample papers for more practice.
- Check our YouTube Channel (Click here to explore) and compiled playlists there.
- Check out other recommended learning websites by us. (Click here to explore)
- 25 questions (non-routine)
- Free-response (non MCQ, working is not to be marked)
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Questions are arranged in a way that the first ones are the easier ones, then the level of difficulty gradually increases so that the last questions are the more difficult ones.
- 2 marks each are contained by Questions 1-10, 4 marks each by Questions 11- 20, and 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 marks each by Questions 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 respectively, making a full score of 100.
- If a participant leaves a question unanswered, that question will be marked ‘0’. There is no penalty/deduction for wrong answer.
- Gold Award Certificates shall be awarded to the top 5% of the participants.
- Silver Award Certificates shall be awarded to the next 10% of the participants.
- Bronze Award Certificates shall be awarded to the next 15% of the participants.
- All other participants shall be awarded Certificate of Participation.
- Schools shall be ranked according to the tally of Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards, in that order, obtained by their pupils. The top school shall receive a trophy.
About ISMC Team
All of the ISMC papers are developed by an international expert team of test constructors. We are experienced education professionals with combination of a passion for quality assessment and an understanding of complexity of delivering the subject matters in the classroom day to day.
ISMC aims to encourage the young students to compete at the international level. It also helps to identify best talents among students. Its syllabus is mainly common with the Singapore Maths (Primary) syllabus. Thus, students can take part in ISMC without advanced beyond-the-grade-level knowledge and marathon of special training trying to learn in hours all topics which are new and unfamiliar to them.
LEARNING SUPPORT & RESOURCES
Self Learning Resources
SELF LEARNING RESOURCES
Self Paced Online Courses
Watch this space for updates.
The best Math Olympiad books available at discounted rates through our partnership with SAP.
Global Olympiads Academy brings a Math Enrichment program for younger kids (grade 1 to grade 8) for International Olympiads (AMC, AIMO, TIMO, WMI, HKIMO, SEAMO,PIMSO,AMC 8, Gauss, etc.) The program will help the students strengthen their fundamentals, application and problem-solving skills and their overall higher order thinking skills like logical and analytical thinking. This course with Global standards (inspired by Common Core, Singapore Math and Indian NCERT curriculum) will not help students overcome fear with Math but would inculcate ownership, rigour and perseverance and most importantly liking for the Math. This will help them improve their academic performance in school and definitely in any competitive exam and lay a strong foundation for preparation of entrance exams in future.
Learning Groups (Batches)
- Lower Primary (LP – Grade 1 to Grade 2)
- Middle Primary ( MP – Grade 3 & 4)
- Upper Primary (UP – Grade 5 & 6)
- Lower Secondary (Middle School – Grade 7 & 8)